With nearly a decade of experience in eyelash extensions, we have seen everything.
Poor or non-existent training, a competitive market and a big demand result in clients getting their eyelashes completely destroyed.
The market in Australia is completely unregulated and there’s no law stopping anyone from purchasing the material and start performing “lash extensions”, or even worse, train people in eyelash extensions.
As a client it may be extremely difficult to know where to go. You may be looking for a quick and cheap option. But please be careful, this can become a dangerous and expensive story.
Things to look for:
- Has the eyelash technician a registered business and liability insurance?
- Do your research: how long was her training, did she receive her certificate through an examination?
- Recommendations – what do others say about the technician? Is she active on social media?
- Prices – is she too cheap? Rent, quality material, taxes, insurance and also her wage need to be covered.
- The time for the extensions. You may think the quicker the better. A full set lash extension should take at least 1,5 hours. To properly isolate and separate each lash, this just can’t be done any quicker. If they advertise a full lash extension in 30-45 minutes, they will either not even cover 25% of your lashes or they will glue your lashes together by just sticking them on.
I already had my lashes done, how do I know they are right?
- Can you feel them? They should feel less than when wearing mascara.
Are they itchy? Are they lumpy? Criss-crossing?
- How is the shape and length? The shape should be adapted according to your own eyeshape.
Shorter lashes should be applied in the inner corners since your own lashes aren’t that strong here.
- Do they last forever? Lashes have a short life cycle, if you still have more than 50% left after 6-8 weeks they are probably stuck together and your own lashes aren’t able to grow or let go.
Please feel free to contact us if you need help to determine if your lash extensions have been properly applied. We can remove them for you to a small cost. If you book a new set with us we remove the old extensions for free.Bad eyelash extensions examples
How an eyelash extensions should NOT look like.
Click here to see how they SHOULD look like.